Follow this wild and awesome life of ours!!!

Friday, August 22, 2008

Johnnie update

We are at the hospital and I found a computer to post an update. The day is very much a roller coaster. Kari is not doing well at all. LOTS of EMOTIONS!!! Some probably from all the hormones and some from all the stress. One minute Johnnie is doing great and they talk about taking her home Sunday. One minute they threaten putting her on oxygen and running millions and tests and tell her she will not be going home for a while. It is hard to know how to feel. She is so very cute and looks so good. She looks like a normal baby so that is really positive. Her lungs are reading clear so that is really a positive also. She is eating like crazy and growing. So many things to be thankful for and so many blessings and I am concentrating on those. This baby is a miracle and I thank God all the time for her second chance in life. I pray for Kari to see those blessings and to focus on those to get her through the next few days. She wants to go home and I can understand that. They will not be going home Sunday we know that and we are not sure when she will go home. Hopefully soon. God Bless you all and thank you for all the prayers. And I took new pictures that I will update as soon as I get home. She is so beautiful. Angie

2 comments:

Jen said...

We have been and will continue to pray for Johnnie. I am sure that the days get long for you, Kari. I know how it feels to sit in the hospital for days and days. It gets long and stressful. Be patient. She is in good hands. You want to take a healthy baby home. Soon she will be better and you won't even remember that any of this happened. This is just a small bump in the road. When I look back to when Camryn was flown to Sioux Falls, I have a hard time believing that it even happened. Now she is a healthy, happy 3 year old. Enjoy the quiet with each other, & rest. Life will be chaotic again soon enough. We have to be thankful that she is here with us. Love you guys, Jen

Jeanna said...

Hi everyone! Just want you to know that we are all thinking about you and praying non stop for Kari and Johnnie! Keep your chins up and soon this will all be over! If you need anything, don't hesitate to call and I will be there!! Love you all, Jeanna