Follow this wild and awesome life of ours!!!

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Turning 30

Well, I am turning the big 3...0...... on Tuesday the 13th. I was really suprised with a party on Saturday night with many friends and family. I want to give everyone that was involved a big THANK YOU!!!!! It was so awesome to have everyone together to have fun and laugh for a few hours. It was awesome. We had over 25 people that were able to come and that was just great, THANK YOU AGAIN!

I have been thinking about this turning 30 thing. I remind myself it is only a number and actually am just fine with turning 30 the thing that gets me thinking and I can't believe that it I am already 30. Like hard to belive. And people say you are only as old as you feel and I guess that is true because I am having a hard time feeling 30 (however it is suppose to feel). You start to think back to all that you have accomplished in your 20's. A lot went on in my 20's and they were awesome years but busy. From going to college, turning 21 (remember how you could not wait for that day), graduating from college and it was hard to believe that it was time for that, getting married, buying a house, have my first baby and how amazing that was like nothing you can even describe and then have your second child, getting your career established. Just so many first and it was amazing and scary all at the same time. I guess now is when you think of through all these experiences you have learned a lot of hard lessons, and some fun lessons and just lessons of life and now you have all these WISDOM to carry with you in your 30's. And it is the wisdom that I am excited about having to enter into my 30's and to carry with me. I love when a new mom has an issue that comes up and I have been there and done that and can share my wisdom with them. See if it all about the WISDOM.

I look at my kids being 5 and almost 3 and it is hard to believe that they are that old already, time just flies. I was thinking about my mom having a 30 year old now and how crazy that must be to say (sorry mom!!) but can imagine your kids being 30 it seems like that is like so far from now and with the way time flies it will probably be here before you know it. I am really looking forward to the 30's to see what will all be in store and all the amazing wisdom I will have year after year.

I was thinking about what I was going to accomplish in my 30's and goals I was going to set and what it really means now. I need to start plannning and thinking and setting these. I am sure I can accomplish something really cool in my 30's. I am old now............. I am thinking about being more spontaneous (everyone reading this that really knows me knows that I am not spontaneous at all) I am all ready trying to schedule my summer time off so that I don't mess with my patient schedule at work and trying to figure out the time I need off in September because of Maddi going to kindergarden and Macie preschool and I want to be there on there first days. See I have this planning problem. So who knows what I may decide to do in my 30's watch out family. I was talking with my step-mom and we decided that more travel should be done in my 30's and that we should be able to see each other more, I think that decides like a great idea!!! I welcome in the 30's. God Bless you all!

4 comments:

Jen said...

We had a great time last night. We hope that you have a great week. Jen

Deb Munsinger said...

You will always be my little girl! I am proud of what you have accomplished in your 30 years (I do feel old now). Enjoy your life and take more time to smell the flowers, because life does go too fast. Love Mom

Jina said...

Happy Early 30th Birthday!!! Your one of the "lucky" ones! I swear you look just like you did in high school. You age very well. Enjoy it!

Tifanie said...

Happy Birthday Angie... I hope you have a great day. Soon enough it will be my turn. I can't believe how time flies - seems like we were just in HS. Like you said all that was accomplished... college, marriage, children, and much much more. Just think there is way more to come yet. Take Care...